Monday, November 26, 2007

The days to follow...

The day after Thanksgiving, Brittany, Charlotte and I went to Venice for the day. We didn't have a whole lot of time there because we were too tired to take an early train, but it was still a lovely day in Venice. It's just so magical there, you can't not enjoy it! We cruised down the Grand Canal in a Vaporetto, ate lunch at a cute little place where we even had to share a table with another couple, and went to the cathedral and the Dodge's Palace. Next time I go, I think I shall spend the day getting lost so that I can see the hidden wonders of Venice! Once we got home, the three of us girls ravaged all the leftovers! Here we are in St. Mark's Square (note the men scaling the Dodge's Palace in the background):

The next day, Brittany and I were even more tired, so we slept in and then spent the day on a mini-tour of Bologna. I didn't get to show her everything I wanted to, but I've got to save something for her next visit, right?

Saturday night was Andrew's 20th birthday, and we spent it with a huge group of people, eating dinner and bar/club hopping. It was neat to see so many faces...it mixed up the usual crowd! Andrew said it was his best birthday ever. Brittany mixed in so well with all my friends, that I kind of took her visit for granted. It felt as if she had always been here with me! Plus, now that she's met my friends here, she has new travel buddies! Me and Andrew:

Sunday the three of us girls went to a big consignment store Christmas show and we each bought something from the Italian designer Furla, but for cheap!! Charlotte and I got new wallets and Brittany got a cute purse! That night we went with the boys to the Cineteca to watch...wait for it...The Godfather, a.k.a. Il Padrino! It was in the original language but with Italian subtitles. It was the best thing ever...I had way too much fun. It was interesting seeing the differences between what they were saying and what they wrote in Italian, and I also found it interesting to see when the Italians laughed and such. Neither Brittany nor Charlotte had ever seen it so I had fun playing middle man explaining the plot/translating parts for Britt. Plus, they have booster seats at the Cineteca, so I could actually read the subtitles! After the movie, I cooked dinner for everyone and then we just hung out, hoping the time wouldn't come to go to bed...because that meant Britt would have to wake up early the next morning and leave!

She just texted me to let me know she got home safe...and I'm trying not to let myself miss her because I know I'll see her very soon!

No comments: