Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Cheers from Scotland!

After Leeds, Brittany and I trained to Scotland, where we were my met by my Uncle Simon (my dad's "brother" whom he met while living/working in southern England). On our first full day, he drove us all over the highlands of northern Scotland. We listened to Shaniah Twain most of the trip, which was really funny, and far too much fun. The highlands are really beautiful and rich with history. We also stopped by his mother-in-law's house for tea.

On our second (and last!) day, Brittany and I went to Edinburgh. We saw the usual touristy things...

...and had lots of fun being silly!

A mirror that made us look like supermodels...

...and one that did quite the opposite.

After I punched Brittany in the arm, she punched me in the neck. This is a recreation.

And now, finally, after 17 days of traveling, I'm home in Bologna. When Azzurra opened the door for me, she practically knocked me over with a hug. It's so nice to see everyone again! Especially after Calabria, I really feel at home here. Thinking back to how nervous I was before coming here, I can't believe how well I've settled in.

No comments: