Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Silvia's First Communion

This weekend I went down to Castrovillari, Calabria with Azzurra for her little sister's 1st communion. It was a relaxing weekend spent hanging out around the house with the family, preparing for/going to/recovering from the communion, and eating amazing Calabrian cuisine. It was so great to return and see all the family again, especially grandma and grandpa! Silvia was adorable as usual. At one point she was gawking at me because I was talking on the phone in English. I gave her an English book and we spent one morning reading and translating it. She said she wants to spend all her communion money on coming to America to visit me when she's 19. I was really pleased because many of the family members complimented me on my Italian, saying that now I can speak really well (and before, not so much) hehe. Here's some photos:

Me with their brother, Giuseppe

Zio Roberto and Nonna

All the girls :)
This one's my favorite!

Firework fruit platters!

She was sick of photos and so she started eating the shavings off the cake!

La famiglia Giorno

No comments: