Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Departure

Well, the time has finally come for me to actually embark on this adventure that has, up until now, only been a dream and a lot of paperwork. It's sad to leave everyone, but hey, it's only a year...and at this point I guess I should be used to ping-ponging myself from place to place. Brittany helped me to focus on the positives, and so last night it hit me: I'M GOING TO ITALY! Sure, the logistics and the emotions are hard to ignore, but this is truly going to be an incredible experience. I'm so looking forward to the culture, the architecture, the FOOD! (you're going to be hearing a lot about the food in the months to come...so get used to it!)

Thank you all so much for your support and your interest in my travels. It really means a lot! I'll try to keep you updated, especially in the next few days, of how I'm settling in. I just hope I can get internet access!!

Arrivederci!

2 comments:

love unlimited said...

I, for one, am excited to hear all about the food.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I don't know how to change this. But everything on here is in Dutch. How did the blogger thing know I'm in the Nederlands? I'm so excited for you and your blog is beautiful!! Maybe I should make one?