Friday, August 31, 2007

Il Discotheque

Last night was amazing. We made gnocchi at my apartment, drank some wine, and then by 11 we left for the club. On the way we took a picture with the carbanieri (police). It was funny...one of them put their hat on my head! At the bar\club\whatever you want to call it, they were playing weird music at first, but once they saw 20 Americans enter, they switched to semi-good English\Italian music. I even got to hear an Italian version of "Lean Back"! I danced for hours and it was just the best time, especially since there were enough boys with us for us to be able to easily avoid any creepers who were around the perimiter of the bar! Its so crazy that I can just sit on the bar stools and order a drink without any id or anything. I'm cheap, however, so I just drank some wine with dinner before we left! I danced with Martino a lot, which I loved because he doesn't mind dancing like a crazy person, and that's my favorite kind of dancing. We had a blast. I'm pretty tired today though because I didn't get home until almost 4. The weather has cooled down and I don't really have plans for today except going out to dinner...it's nap time, baby!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Definitely good to avoid the creepers. But I'm glad you had so much fun dancing. I had a blast at a jazz fusion night at a club in Amsterdam. But I was cheap and didn't get a drink either! Entrance was enough!

Anonymous said...

that sounds like the best night ever, gnocchi AND dancing...way to live it up my friend :)