Thursday, August 23, 2007

It even smells like London

Cheers!
Well guys, I made it to the U.K. Currently I'm at an internet cafe at Gatwick waiting to find out from which gate my flight is leaving. It's just lovely here and I wish I didn't have to leave so soon! It's chilly and overcast and everyone has accents and refers to me as "love". :) The bus ride from airport to airport was bizarre...apparently it takes longer than an hour to grow accustomed to driving on the wrong side of the road. I thought that once I was on the plane to Heathrow it would hit me, YOU'RE STUDYING ABROAD! but ends up I was wrong. I'm starting to think this trip might never hit me! What is hitting me, though, is the time change. It's like I was chasing the sun on the way over here. Hehe...anyways, I just wanted to say hello and let you all know I made it this far safely. Next stop: BOLOGNA!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! How exciting! I'm glad you made it most of the way...almost there. you are amazing.

Julia said...

That is the coolest thing I've ever heard! I love the "chasing the sun" metaphor... very Greek. Can't wait to hear about your first few days in Italy! Much love, love. (<-- and I'm not even British!)

love unlimited said...

You're making me miss the land of my people.