Thursday, November 1, 2007

All Hallow's Eve

Last night was so much fun! Andrew hosted a Halloween Party in which all the Americans in our program were encouraged to bring all their friends and roommates. It was quite a big party, with an entire room just for dancing! Charlotte, Shawn and Ian were all Eurotrash, and there were several characters from the show Futurama. As for me, I was a dog. But that needs further explanation. You see, in Bologna, there is this class of people called 'Punkabestia'. They are basically punks who live on the street and are dirty, dreadlocked, and against the establishment. They beg for money, drink alcohol, and make you pity them and their starving dogs, or bestia. So Shawn had the great idea that Martino (the guy who's twice my size) and I should be Punkabestia together. And so he was the punk, and I was his bestia. It really was quite a creative costume all together, and I like to think I looked quite a bit cuter than the bestia we see on the streets! I felt like such a mom though because I actually sewed my costume. Kudos to my mom for teaching me the basics! I sewed a tail and ears, and then safety pinned spots to myself. I had way too much fun putting it all together! Walking to Andrew's was a little awkward because people don't really celebrate Halloween here so I just looked like a freak with a tail. Plus, we passed some actual punkabestia...AWKWARD! We brought several of our Calabrese friends and lots of others brought their roommates too so it was a fun mix of Americans and Italians at the party. And bonus...me and Martino got lots of compliments on our costume!

The main group of us at our Halloween Pre-party

Punkabestia!

Elizabeth the Vampire and me
You can see my whole costume better in this one.

Roommates...Federica had already gone home :(

And that was that! Now I'm off to prepare for my family's trip here. I can't wait to see my mom!

1 comment:

Kathy Bull said...

Kelly - How are your mom and Tia? Tell your mom I thought of something she can bring back....Parmesan Cheese...I love it. Kathy