Monday, August 27, 2007

Cibo

This one will be short. I had been upset that I had not yet enjoyed the specialties of this land. However, yesterday I had procuitto, tortellini, and gelato (2x!). It was all absolutely incredible. Our waiter for dinner was from India and he was teaching us Italian! We sat outside and just ate and talked for a couple hours. We don't have much to do so we just are. After we hung out at one of the apartments in our building that has a terrace and I spent the evening talking with a boy from England whose name is Danny (are there no other names in the world!?) He studied at UCSD last year and was visiting the Italians who had been there as well. It was neat to talk to someone about study abroad from the opposite perspective.

Back to il cibo. If I did nothing but eat this whole trip, I would be just fine. And the fact that we walk everywhere makes it ok. Right? Ok. Time to eat.

4 comments:

love unlimited said...

You can't got to Italy and not indulge in the fine cuisine. It'd be shameful. Just keep telling yourself that.

Anonymous said...

The way I see it, the best way to experience a culture is to experience the food...so eat up Kelly!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you and know you will survive the great food and drink. ha ha
Jay and Louise

Kristen said...

Eat away!

Haha, Danny.