Saturday, September 15, 2007

<3 of Darkness

Well here I am in my new apartment!! I really love it...my room is lovely, my bed is comfy, and the boys next door are incredibly helpful. Here's the thing though:

1. We have no electricity. And thus no light.

2. We have no gas. And thus cannot cook nor use hot water.

3. The toilet doesn't always work. And thus we have to use the boys'.

So ya...it's been interesting. We have candles and flashlights and the boys put an extension cord with a power strip in our kitchen via the window. So we have one desk lamp we can use and we can charge things. It's kind of ironic that I can use my laptop (we're stealing the boys' internet) but I can't do some things as fundamental as peeing or seeing. Hehe good times. Don't worry mom...we'll get all that stuff on the 18th. Only 3 more days in the heart of darkness.

1 comment:

love unlimited said...

Ha. The joys of moving. Glad you love your new apartment, though, even if it is currently without electricity/gas/reliable sewage. ;)