Thursday, September 27, 2007

Luigi

Last night we were invited to a dinner party at Alessandro's friends house, outside of the center of the city. She lives with her parents, so obviously the place is WAY nicer than ours are. It was a two story apartment with a library, a balcony, and such a beautiful view of the hillside littered with cute houses. The walk there was a bit long, but totally worth it because it was very picturesque and there was food waiting to congratulate us at the other end! We had special pasta (not just Barilla) that they had bought hand made with pesto and prosciutto and of course wine. It was quite yummy.

After dinner I was out on the balcony with Shawn and Francesco (Shawn's roommate's brother) while they were smoking because I loved the view. I've gotten quite better at conversational Italian and it's amazing the kind of conversations I'm actually somewhat capable of carrying on! So were just chatting about various things such as a winter trip to the Alps when I made a comment about how beautiful the view was and Francesco twisted it into me commenting on how beautiful the two boys getting off their Vespas below us were. He said I should yell down to them and introduce myself. So I started getting embarassed of course and hid behind Shawn...then Francesco yelled down to them, "Hey, Luigi!" And I thought he was just being rude and yelling some sterotypical Italian guys name...but no...the guy was actaully his friend Luigi...and so Luigi looks up and greets him...and then Francesco tells him to come up because there's a girl on the balcony who wants to meet him. So pretty much the embarrasment just continued throughout the night. For the record, Luigi--not that cute. Anyways, I just played it off and we all finished the evening with an exchange of Italian/English tongue twisters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Italian tongue twisters, Kelly? Is that what they call it these days?

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Poor not cute Luigi.

Anonymous said...

hahaha yesss i was going to say something about the tongue twister bit, but i thought it might be inappropriate. props to daniel.