Monday, September 10, 2007

A place to call home

Well last night I got a special treat. I got to talk to so many of you on the phone at Brittany's going away party!! It was so nice to feel like I was a part of the party. And I was so very excited to talk to you all! As you know...instead of being in St. Helena I was once again at Corto Maltese, but this time for Hip Hop night. It was great fun! I could've danced all night (don't worry Mom, I didn't)! But man...it's crazy to be in Italy and still dancing to Chris Brown and Rihanna. Oh man and there was this middle aged Indian man dancing next to us that looked like he was doing the twist or the hokey pokey or something all night. It was hilarious.

Saturday we went on a field trip to Monte Sole to learn about the tragedies of WWII here in Italia. It probably would have held more weight for me if I were able to understand what the man was saying, but it was a beautiful hike and afterwards we got to eat Tortellini and Tagliatelle al Ragu (Pasta Bolognese). Yum.

I'm moving to my new apartment on Thursday or Friday...and soon I need to make a trip to Ikea because I don't even have sheets or towels! That should be quite the adventure in Italian. I'll keep you updated on the apartment developments! I'm really looking forward to moving in and getting into some sort of a routine. This craziness right now is exhausting. I need a place to call home. :)

1 comment:

love unlimited said...

It was so great to talk to you and hear that you're so happy. Reading about it is one thing, but hearing the joy in your voice is something else. Glad you at fun at hip hop night. :D