Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I have a home!

So Charlotte and I signed the papers and we're living at the place I was telling you guys about earlier. The more we hang out with those people the more we know we made the best choice. They are just wonderful, the girls we're going to be living with and also all the boys next door. They're super patient with our Italian and they enjoy learning English as well. We watched Sicko with them, played Rummy with them, went to a concert with them...good times! We Google Earthed eachother's homes and it was really neat to see where everyone came from. I'm sure at some point we might be able to go visit them in Calabria, in southern Italy!

There isn't any furniture in the apartment, so a picture doesn't say much...but this is the view out of our bedroom window! Bellissima, no? I'm so excited to be living there. Every minute I spend talking with them by Italian improves exponentially. It's like having my own personal tutor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your apartment sounds great including your apartment mates. I taught Mom how to access your blog and this morning, she did it on her own. Now, I know pigs fly. Send more pictures and tell us a little more about the piazza you sent pictures of, didn't see a location.

love unlimited said...

The view is beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures of the inside once you have everything set up.

I think you made the best decision. Living away from other students in the program and with people who are native speakers... it will be the greatest learning experience for you, and not just because you're constantly speaking the language. It's a whole cultural immersion that you wouldn't have experienced living with other American kids. Plus, I'm sure they love that they can practice their English with you guys. That's so exciting!

love unlimited said...

PS: Google Earthed your homes = SO CUTE.

Preeyanka said...

Congratulations on the new apartment, Kelly! That's so exciting. I'm so glad you posted some pictures too! I also saw some of you tagged on facebook. You look like you're having a fabulous time!